- Address character (fundamental habits), not just behavior.
- Shift paradigms (e.g., lost in a city being annoyed vs an adventure)
- Be proactive and take ownership of emotions. Make your own weather. Worry about what you can control. The root cause is your reaction.
- Begin with the end in mind. Spend time coming up with desired outcome and steps required. Write personal mission statement. What person do you want to be remembered as? What's your destination?
- Put first things first. Live mission statement. Rigorously prioritize based on urgency and importance. Quadrant 2 is most important.
- Think win-win. Others will want to continue working with you, lasting positive relationship. "Emotional bank account".
- Seek first to understand, then be understood. Empathic listening, get inside frame of reference.
- Synergize by treating others with respect.
- Sharpen the saw, take care of yourself. Sell to understand others, improve their lives. Renew in all areas each week.
7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
December 28, 2020 • 1 min read